Sonar week in Barcelona! one of my favourite music weeks of the year. If you’re planning your Sonar 2016 experience then let me give you a few tips to make your week an unforgettable one.
The city will be booming with tourists and there are loads of amazing parties everywhere, day and night, so budget aside, it may not be easy to decide which ones to go to.
Sonar festival (16-18th of June)
It’s the main event, Sonar is 3 days day & night event, rich musical experiences for those who are a little open-minded about electronic music.
Day-time acts are usually live performances under the sun, so wear your sunglasses and sun lotion. Expect live acts with conceptual music, not your usual dance floor tracks but still very enjoyable.
Night-time acts are more dance focused. The festival has already announced most of its line-up which includes artists such as A- track, Ben Klock, Ben Ufo, Bob Moses, DVS1 & Rødhåd, Four tet, Jackmaster, Kölsch and Magic Mountain High.
Sonar Barcelona never disappoints, there’s music for everyone, you’ll see interesting performances that are quite refreshing especially nowadays when most festivals have the similar line-ups (Adam Beyer, Joseph Capriati, Marco Carola,…)
I recommend that you go to at least one day and one night. The rest of your time you should mix it with events from the Off sonar. Tickets are 180€ sonar pass, 125€ 2 night, individual day 54€ and individual night 75 € You can buy them on Sonar’s website
I absolutely love Off Sonar , it’s probably my favourite part of the music week. You’ll end up in techno or house parties in a variety of venues, clubs, beaches, rooftops, mountains, monasteries, forums, hotels and street markets. This is where choosing gets harder, here’s what I recommend for this year:
- IR Bcn. They’ve already announced dates and showcases from the 15th to 19th at Plaza Mayor of the Monasterio of Poble Espanyol one of my favourites venues! The showcases include Ellum, Bloc- Detroit, People like us, Pampa, трип and Mosaic. As I prefer to experiencing different venues I would go for Pampa, People Like Us Or трип
Ph: Miss JenA. / www.missjenaone.com
- Off at Forum by Proyectual: It doesn’t get any easier… They also have an entire week of events. My Favourites are: Proyectual Presents, Dynamic Outdoor and Crew Love which since 2013 has been one of their highlight events. This year the event will be in front of the forum beach, access will be from the street Josep Pla so bring all the beach essentials! More info at Off at Forum
- FACT pool series: Pool party events throughout the whole week, the giant pool is inside of a sports complex!I love it. They bring Mobile Party so if you don’t have the chance to go the legendary party at Hotel Silken Barcelona there is a second opportunity to see it. The Watergate Party is also another good option.
- All day I dream: The lineup hasn’t been announced yet but looks promising, especially if you really like Deep House. Lee Burridge and Mathey Dekay they’ll be there for sure and probably Gorje Hewek & Izhevski. The venue is the Hotel Silken Barcelona.
- Coincidance: Get on board to a Luxury yacht, dance and sail on the sky clear Mediterranean sea all around Barcelona. Fur Coat, Francesca Lombardo , La Fleur and Funky D’void will be playing. More info on the Facebook event
You can buy tickets for any off-sonar event at RA, early bird and pre-sale tickets are already gone so don’t wait until the event sells out (which it will).
To keep an eye on off-sonar follow their Official Facebook Page and website Off Party
Share if you like it!