If you’re visiting Barcelona and would like to pick up a few Techno and House records then checkout this list of our recommended record stores for Techno and House music.
Barcelona is incredibly rich in music culture, there’s no shortage of stores and amazing events happening there every year, chances are that you know Sonar festival, Off-week, and DGTL Festival amongst many others that happen in the capital of Catalunya.
Let’s get started:
Probably one of the best-known store in this list, you should expect a large stock of music to dig through, including second-hand gems and new releases from around the globe. Pay special attention to the Spanish labels rack. C/Ferlandina 39, 08001 Barcelona, España
- All the records are in the racks you can grab and listen, no need to ask in the tilt
- Large collection of records
- Plenty of turntables to use plus cool volume controls and a nice rack to put your records in
- Decent headphones on the turntables
- Visit the Discos Paradiso online store
Chances are that at some point of your visit to BCN you’ll end up walking the medieval streets of el Barrio Gotico. This maze of old buildings, urban art, and small stores/restaurants has much to offer, including this glorious record store hidden away from the busy streets.
This small independent store is the type that priorities quality over quantity in their stock of music, it also has a very friendly atmosphere and it seemed like a dog-friendly place.
Link to facebook page
Carrer de Milans, 3, 08002 Barcelona, España
- Underground shop vibe
- The staff is super friendly and welcoming
- The selection here is very varied, mainly European labels
- At the time when I visited there was an interesting selection of Micro-House and Tech-House
If you’re here reading a blog post about techno and house music then there’s a good chance that you’ve seen releases by one of the various SubWax labels out there, perhaps at your local record store.
This store is one of my favourites in the list, they’ve created a great space to browse music, in here you get a sensation of excitingness for discovering new artists and labels.
- Loads of turntables to preview your music
- Records are already in the racks, no need to ask at the counter
- Did I mention the sick 808 and 909 cushions at the entrance?
- Loads of records, pretty good on the house side of things.
- Facebook Page
- Check out their stock online on the website
Kompakt Pop Up Store
Technically speaking this is not a Barcelona-based store, it’s a pop store that opens for a few days during the Sonar and Off week (mid-July). The whole store is essentially transported from Germany for the one week. Their stock includes most of the Kompakt catalog, which is always very exciting to go through.
- Loads of Kompakt records classics and fresh releases in vinyl
- Amazing stock of German House and Techno music
- They usually have well-known DJs playing as well
- Freebies and lovely souvenirs, such as stickers, tote bags etc
- There’s a bar next door
- Follow the Kompakt records facebook page for info every year
For more Record Stores recommendations check the following link for Shopping Records in London
Thanks for reading Happy Shopping 🙂